Contents

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Micro Chapter 18 【The Markets for the Factors of Production】

1. Computing labor productivity and its relationship to the demandfor labor
Gopher Excavators produces shovels in a small factory and sells the shovels in a competitive market. The following table shows the company's production function:


2. Graphing demand for labor and computing the optimal quantity
A company operates in a competitive market, selling each unit of output for a price of $30 and paying the market wage of $375 per day for each worker it hires.


3. How changes in the goods market affect the demand for labor
In this question, you'll explore the effect of a good weather season in Vermont on the price of blueberries in the United States, as well as on the daily wages of blueberry pickers in Florida. Assume that blueberry buyers don't care whether their blueberries come from Vermont or Florida.


4. Profit maximization
Consider Live Happley Fields, a small player in the strawberry business whose production has no individual effect on wages and prices. Live Happley's production schedule for strawberries is given in the following table:


5. Labor market definitions
Complete the following table by selecting the term that matches each definition on the left.


6. Plotting the supply of labor


7. Shifts in labor supply
Assume that the information technology and consulting industries employ people with similar skills. Suppose an increase in the demand for consultants leads to a rise in their wages, while the demand for computer analysts remains the same.


8. Links between factor markets
Consider the markets for factors of production, such as labor and capital, to produce furniture in the United States before the invention of electric motors. In the late 19th century, commercially successful electric motors became available and enabled furniture and many other goods to be produced more efficiently.


21 comments:

  1. Hello Mr. Orange,

    I can't believe I didn't run across your site when I started my microeconomics homework. You are a Godsend. Your work got me through chapters 14 - 18, but I struggled through 19 and am struggling through 20. I am getting through it though.

    Thank you so much for your help. I couldn't have done as much as I did without your help. I appreciate your hard work. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr. Orange,

    I have been struggling on Chapter 19-20. Is there some way you can help us out?

    Thank you and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you do chapters 19-20 for micro??? I've been using your website to help me with homework this past semester, and its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, I didn't get assignments on chapter 19 and 20, that's why I don't have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Orange,

      I completed chapter 19 and would like to share my answers so that others can you use them. Your blog has been very helpful to me and I'd like to pass on what I know.

      Thanks,
      PM

      Delete
    2. That's perfect, you can either post it and leave the link below, or send it to me and I will post it.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your kindness, and I will post it.

      Delete
  5. ^ we are on our own for ch19 and ch20. good luck to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Thank you SO much for posting this answer key. It is a huge help! Is there any way you can post the different versions of questions 1,2, and 4? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this so much, thank you for all your help! I like your cat pictures too! :) Meowy soon to be Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This website is a total LIFE SAVER!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a good man
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Mr.Orange! Thank you so much for EVERYTHING!!! Yoooo you saved my ass so many timesss that like I cant even!! I just hope God gives you the best! Much love

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are amazing, thank you for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr. Orange~ I pledge my allegiance to this republic for which it stands. My dearest thanks goes to you who are a man of the color orange.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just gotta say thanks to you for getting me through this class. I have my last 2 assignments due this week and because of this blog I was able to do all my homework assignments and do well on them. Thanks again! You da real MVP

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm doing this in 2023. They changed some of the problems in this chapter. Is there an updated version?

    ReplyDelete
  15. BRO I F*ckn love you!!!

    ReplyDelete