Contents

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Micro Chapter 16 【Monopolistic Competition】

1. Conditions for monopolistic competition
Consider the monopolistically competitive market structure, which has some features of a competitive market and some features of a monopoly.


2. Market Structures
For each of the following scenarios, identify the number of firms present, the type of product, and the appropriate market model. Select the matching entry for each dropdown box in the following table.


2. How short-run profit or losses induce entry or exit
Fantastique Bikes is a company that manufactures bikes in a monopolistically competitive market. The following graph shows Fantastique's demand curve, marginal revenue curve (MR), marginal cost curve (MC), and average total cost curve (ATC).


3. Is monopolistic competition efficient?
Suppose that a firm produces wool jackets in a monopolistically competitive market. The following graph shows its demand curve, marginal revenue (MR) curve, marginal cost (MC) curve, and average total cost (ATC) curve.


4. The role of brand names and advertising
Read the following example and determine whether it illustrates a common critique or defense of advertising.

42 comments:

  1. Thanks man, this blog just saved my summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to have your babies

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a true hero

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your help and thanks for making it free access, you stop spending my money on cengage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much!! This helped me so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. join the fucking club mate i got first dibs

      Delete
  8. I just wanted to thank you for this. I was struggling getting the formulas down and your explanations helped me so much! I tried to find help elsewhere but every site charged a ridiculous fee and did not offer any trials or anything! I now have a pretty good grasp on this material now and that is because of you! So thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is the best thing to happen to me since I started college

    ReplyDelete
  10. who ever did this you are a life saver! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Appreciated it ! It helps a lot, God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will you marry me ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. literally you saved my ass in micro. and i'll be taking macro next semester and I'm not worried because you literally helped me understand and pass this class. seriously- thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! You actually taught me how to do the calculations (something my professor doesn't do). I used you to check my answers and learn how to do it properly - you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are literally saving me and actually teaching economics, thank you thank you thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much!!!! I came across this page a few weeks ago and figured I got lucky. You are awesome! Thank you for putting the effort into this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad I stumbled upon this page!! Thanks-a-million!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much! It's not just about getting the answer right for the grade. Seeing it solved and how is you come to the answer is the real icing on the cake. Many blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I owe you much! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dude, thank you. My teacher doesn't do a goddamn thing in our classes, and this was the only reason I passed. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you veryy muchhhh, such a blessinggg huhu

    ReplyDelete
  23. may your soul rest in eternal peace

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you sooo much

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolute blessing

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much, I now understand the material/calculations and can get the assignment done on time. Bless your heart

    ReplyDelete
  27. you are a god send

    ReplyDelete
  28. 2023 here and this is still saving people. thanks poster!

    ReplyDelete
  29. whoever made this is the goat

    ReplyDelete
  30. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! You did all of us a huge favor. Keep being amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This blog as a whole has saved my @$$ this term, thank yoU!!!

    ReplyDelete